Discuss TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB Discussion ThreadTT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB Electrical Advice

Hi

Ive read a few discussions on the topic but what setup would you recommend for replacing a DB on a domestic TT system?

I've moved house and need to get the meter changed ready for the car charger, I need to upgrade the severely dated DB at the same time.

Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB, one of those circuits is a sub main to the garage which I'm intending on adding a car charger to at some point, realistically the only option I see is a 16 way DB, I was looking at this

https://www.cef.co.uk/catalogue/products/5183084-16-way-100a-sp-n-type-a-distribution-board-with-incomer?msclkid=061440893d991f53b24b2659d78aba45&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Smart%20Shopping%3A%20Switchgear%20%26%20Distribution&utm_term=4587368677094774&utm_content=Smart%20Switchgear%20%26%20Distribution&gclid=061440893d991f53b24b2659d78aba45&gclsrc=3p.ds

The intention was to use RCBO's for the circuits which I think would allow me to keep the main switch, I think my next question is on the sub main to the garage, if this is for example a 50A 30mA RCBO in the main DB would I need to install RCD protection in the sub main or should that not be a RCBO and a separate earth ROD installed for the garage, this would prevent a fault tripping a RCD upstream.

Thanks

TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
TT System Existing is a multi9 13 way RCD main switch DB Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond