Discuss Tub adhesive for Porcelain 600*300 tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Tub adhesive is only required on small format tiles no larger than 300x300 as it used for thin bed only. Large format tiles recommend a thick bed adhesive especially on 600x300. As already stated tub adhesive using a 10mm trowel will get you roughly 3m per tub. The adhesive will take weeks to fully dry before grouting can be done. I guess as hes using tub adhesive the walls haven't been primed which is a no no with wall tiling especially onto plaster

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
There are different materials required for different jobs and clearly your builder has not grasped this over his 40 years experience.

As the saying goes 'it does what it says on the the tin'. In this case he has ignored that, he should be told to take them off and fix the tile type correctly with the right adhesive. Otherwise, the exit is that way and not pay him a penny.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tub adhesive for Porcelain 600*300 tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I recently got several loose/hollow tiles rebonded on my bathroom floor. Having left with...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB