Discuss Tubbed addy with dodgy smell in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

Hi all,
Just letting you know what happened me a few times recently.
My apprentice opened a new Ardex D20, he commented on the smell. I said yep thats how you know its good stuff. He mixed it a bit and carried it into the room i was in. Well, holy smokes, the smell would have knocked you out. The addy was off, had a greeny tinge on the surface and stank of mould or bacteria. Bogging! Couldnt get the lid on it quick enough.
Anyway, took it back to the shop, opened three more before i got a good D30. This has happened with one other manufacturer and Ardex explaine dit by organic material contaminating the buckets (ie a leaf or insect) pre filling.

Has this happend to any of you? Maybe ive a sensitive nose but the first thing i do now is smell every new tub! I get some funny looks of my victims, sorry clients.

Reply to Tubbed addy with dodgy smell in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I was given a free bag of Adsilex P9 to try. It was recommended by my usual supplier, as they...
Replies
Views
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tubbed addy with dodgy smell
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.