UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tubbed Adhesive or Bagged Adhesive ???????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike Mike

I stumbled across some customer reviews for a tubbed FLOOR tile adhesive a while back, might have been Evo Stik, or Bostik, something like that.

Anyway, was the funniest set of comments I had ever read! 99.9% of customers who used it said that even after THREE WEEKS it still hadn't dried and the tiles still moved, and they had to take them up and buy powdered adhesive and do it again.

The one comment that said it was a great product and worked really well was either someone who had just that second finished tiling and then wrote the review without waiting to see if it actually set, or was a desperate sales rep for Evo-Stik on the verge of losing his job :lol:

G

garybadger

I use Bal white Star on my site work. Moisture resistant plasterboard, and tiles are 300x200 ceramics. So within the max of 300x300.
Never had a problem with getting called back to any job on site. (unless plumbers do their usual and don't bring through pipes at the correct height, or over tighten the w.c's)
Tiles also dry no problem and I'd say after maybe 3 hours these tiles won't be moving as they are already taking a set..
Apart from that, I use powdered adhesive for everything else.

Reply to Tubbed Adhesive or Bagged Adhesive ???????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.