Discuss Tubbed adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

Hello all,

I've got my first little job coming up next month - 3m2 kitchen splashback.

I'm planning on using BAL blue star, but just wondered how long it 'keeps' onced opened - i.e. can I use half a tub one week and use the rest the next week? or will it have set?

I work full time at the moment so will just be tiling it as and when I have the time.

Thanks

Kirstie
If you keep the tub clean, especially round the lid/rim area it will last several weeks once opened. Just make sure you give it a good mix when you use it on the next job. it is essential of course to ensure the lid is tightly closed when you have finished!:thumbsup:

S

sWe

If you keep the tub clean, especially round the lid/rim area it will last several weeks once opened. Just make sure you give it a good mix when you use it on the next job. it is essential of course to ensure the lid is tightly closed when you have finished!:thumbsup:

Along the same lines: If you use bagged gear, the bucket life and open time of the adhesive is preserved if you make it a habit to always scrape everything caught on the sides down to the bottom of the bucket, every time you've finished applying adhesive for the moment, and then stir it once or twice with your bucket trowel.

Doing that also makes keeping the buckets clean an easier task.

Reply to Tubbed adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tubbed adhesive
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.