Discuss two dogs plus two kids plus unfinished drive plus creme limestone floor = DISASTER in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peter martin

Re: two dogs plus two kids plus unfinished drive plus creme limestone floor = DISASTE

I have uploaded three pictures but the have just disapeared, are the files too large at 1.27Mb each?

Attachments

• P1010659.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 45
  • P1010658.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 43
  • P1010657.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 42
M

Marble Life Ltd

Re: two dogs plus two kids plus unfinished drive plus creme limestone floor = DISASTE

Our lovely limestone floor has been down for two years and, as the title suggests, looks ruined. Dogs and kids have carried dirt throughout, the sheen has gone and dirt is in-ground (like blackheads on our teenagers face). Is a re-polish something I, as a customer not a tiler, should be able to carry out. If so, can anyone recommend a machine and procedure?

You need to get a professional in to do it really. I can recommend a process to do it yourself but you are going to need to buy quite a few items and then hire a decent rotary machine, wet vacuum and then once it's all done it will require sealing twice. How many M2 are involved?

Kevin

P

peter martin

Thanks Kevin,

We have laid 120 square meters of this stone, pretty much all of it will require some attention. Our tiler told us about a product which, after polishing and sealing, can be applied with a mop during cleaning and then buffered, effectively topping up the seal in the process. Does anyone know of this product?

M

Marble Life Ltd

Thanks Kevin,

We have laid 120 square meters of this stone, pretty much all of it will require some attention. Our tiler told us about a product which, after polishing and sealing, can be applied with a mop during cleaning and then buffered, effectively topping up the seal in the process. Does anyone know of this product?

I love these blokes who go around advising but fail to give the whole picture. Your tiler is talking about crystallization where the chemical make up of the stone is changed by adding a topical wax/sealer or such like and you then polish the stuff on the surface and just keep adding to it everytime it gets damaged until Mother Nature has had enough then the stone can't breath and eventually it will start to spall the topical sealer and crack it. Then you will need to strip it all off and start again. Believe me it takes some stripping as well because it is like liquid chewing gum.
120M2 is a large area. Think it through and get some proper advice before you proceed.

Kevin

J

jay

Thanks Kevin,

yes there are product produced by different sealer manufactures .normally called maintainers as your tiler mentioned add a small part to your mop water and it will help maintain the Finnish but it is only used depending on wear and tear not every mop . they all vary from make to make , what sealer was used on your floor to start with .

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to two dogs plus two kids plus unfinished drive plus creme limestone floor = DISASTER in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
First impressions of the Training facility at Diamond are of a quality centre and this...
Replies
Views
H

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
two dogs plus two kids plus unfinished drive plus creme limestone floor = DISASTER
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.