UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss UFH - Does this look right? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brownjoe

Hi All
recently had UFH installed in my house. Having a few problems as the system won't go above 22 degrees and at best feels luke warm. Standard porcelain tiles were fitted above the system in the pic.

underfloor heating pic.jpg Any ideas why this won't work properly?

Thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

It should have been covered during other works.
However it looks as the spacing is OK although unsupported on the edges.
I'am unable to see what insulation was done prior to laying the cables or where the floor sensor has been placed in the system.
On a normal insulated wooden floor when you switch on electric UFH it would register at about 18degrees before any power is used!
If you are only getting a 22 degree heat then I'd check the position of the sensor to see if it has not been pulled back through the conduit and away from the heat wires and thus not registering an accurate reading, however if it's only 22 then the system may not be receiving any power (ie a fault in the wiring).
Get the part 'p' qualified electrician back who connected it and check for resistance and continuity in the cables.
Still don't like the thought of people working over an unprotected mat - usually causes problems.

U

Uheat - Keith

Agree with everyone above.

Spacing looks like what we would say for spacing on a ply floor base
At that spacing we would also say the system is only a Warm Floor (secondary heat) system, depending upon how well the dwelling is insulated & the heat loss figure for the area.
Also, you would not have had U/F heating under the units ( I hope ) so less output for your area, and you have some patio doors / lot of glass, so more heat loss there.

Warm regards, Keith

Reply to UFH - Does this look right? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have been given the opportunity to quote for a 110m floor in a chevron pattern...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.