Guest viewing is limited

Discuss UFH for kitchen - which make/supplier? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kevinT

I'm about to get a kitchen/utility completely refitted. UFH is part of the plan but I'm bewildered by the number of suppliers/brands out there.

My tiler is recommending a company called warmup which seems to be reputable, but also appears v pricey. Any alternatives?

Total area is 11m2, and I need thermostat (Aube TH132AF was recommended) + insulating tiles. Marmox is recommended. Regarding latter, floor height is an issue. It seems 10mm is preferred thickness, but I'd prefer 6mm to limit increase in floor height. Will this compromise heating efficiency much (floor is suspended concrete on a house 15 yrs old). My tiler also recommends cable rather than mat - because it is more versatile when fitting awkward spaces and also increases floor height less. True?

My budget is limited (need to get below £500 inc VAT - ie half Warmup cost!) but I dont want to compromise on quality. Any recommendations greatly appreciated as at moment it feels like a bit of a lottery.

Thanks

Kevin

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Underfloor Heating | Electric | Floor Insulation | Uheat come highly recommended and could possibly also supply the aube stats.

They also do a cheaper marmox style board (that has exactly the same thermal properties).

The difference between not having insulation and having it is huge, though the difference between the 6mm and 10mm isn't THAT great to be honest, but clearly there is a small difference.

I would imagine you'd get the price around your budget price from uheat.

Reply to UFH for kitchen - which make/supplier? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place at all with this, but here goes..... I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a tiler turning up next week to tile my refurbished bathroom. He always uses Rocatex...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
UFH for kitchen - which make/supplier?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.