UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss UK worst place to live. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

I'am sure it's all our Volcanoes, floods, hurricanes, snakes, disease ......etc, that put people off coming here or do they not find the free handouts attractive.
I only hope the Sky article is shown in the rest of Europe - let them stay where they are.
Why would I want to live in Greece/Spain/Portugal - couldn't get a job as a tiler so I'd have to spend all my time sitting in the sun!:hurray:

U

user123

I think they must have interviewed people in London in the Underground in the middle of rush hour just after the riots..:lol:.. There are more suicides and mental health issues in Germany, which also makes self employment very difficult, the poverty in parts of rural France is shocking. Italy, the suffering of people there due the corrupt government is outrageous, especially for home owners, getting bored to think of more now, but I love the UK best of all the countries I have been in, this gorgeous lush green island with a breathtaking coastline and above all where people can be themselves.

U

user123

That about sums it up over here too

I met a woman, Jay, with her elderly parents here in Scarborough, and she and her husband emigrated to Tasmania years and years ago on a £10 (or thereabouts) ticket, some government grant incentive, do you now about that? She came round to see me, (mutual friends) and she thought it was great over your way, but a bit chauvinistic and still ...? What you reckon?

D

doug boardley

I met a woman, Jay, with her elderly parents here in Scarborough, and she and her husband emigrated to Tasmania years and years ago on a £10 (or thereabouts) ticket, some government grant incentive, do you now about that? She came round to see me, (mutual friends) and she thought it was great over your way, but a bit chauvinistic and still ...? What you reckon?
the tenner deal was one of our govt's silly ideas, gave disillusioned people a false hope of an easy lifestyle in a sunny clime, makes my blood boil about the aborigine kids that were separated forcibly from their parents that was all tied in with this...shame on british govt of the time:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

J

jay

Dont know about the deal thingy .Chauvinistic ///// not sure what she means, haven't noticed it .Might be worth noting who is running the country at the mo

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to UK worst place to live. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
UK worst place to live.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.