Discuss Uncommisioned floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

Was in the suppliers this morning and they were asking me what I thought about this. Anhydride screed tiled with 600x600 porcelain. Only problem is that the ufh wasn't commissioned before tiling or no Ditra used either. They didn't supply adhesive and customer doesn't know if it's been cement based or gypsum adhesive. Is there any way of commissioning the ufh now that it's tiled (3 months)? I had suggested that it might be possible to adjust by a degree every few days but wouldn't be sure as I'd never heard of a screed being tiled first. Anyone ever come across a solution to this?

C

Colour Republic

Did your supplier 'supply and spec' the job or just supply a few tiles?

Seeing as they didn't supply the adhesive, the screed or the labour, i'm not sure what they are worried about?

Had they supplied the adhesive and techincal advice I could understand but seeing as it's just the tiles, which i'm guessing are 'fit for purpose' then they can't be held accountable for conditions out of their control.

Put it this way. Today finishing off a job I put up a TV wall bracket that held a 50" LED TV. Now if that bracket failed do you think I would have reason to complain to the manufacturer if I had screwed it to the wall with 15mm screws??? Same thing IMO

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed

Seeing as they didn't supply the adhesive, the screed or the labour, i'm not sure what they are worried about?

Had they supplied the adhesive and techincal advice I could understand but seeing as it's just the tiles, which i'm guessing are 'fit for purpose' then they can't be held accountable for conditions out of their control.

Put it this way. Today finishing off a job I put up a TV wall bracket that held a 50" LED TV. Now if that bracket failed do you think I would have reason to complain to the manufacturer if I had screwed it to the wall with 15mm screws??? Same thing IMO

*Like*

NB. Still not working on tapatalk

S

Stef

"Put up a wall bracket?"

Ffs, next you'll be telling us you cut plinths!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Uncommisioned floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I'm a total tiling beginner having my kitchen/diner redone by builders. The dining area has a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB