UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Under the Cam Net (Ex Military) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Concept PHT

Re: Female Tilers

I was a Pl Sgt in the Infantry.

Been tiling for a while now and I am a plumber too. (Did the college thing - it sounds like we went to the same college, as my tutors never gave a damn either.....).

Doing my NVQ in tiling right now with Chase Tiling Academy.

Do you guys find it hard to work with ill motivated people? I do, and I have worked with some right mongs on site. Winging about the cold etc.... ;)

L

Leatherface

I was a Pl Sgt in the Infantry.

Been tiling for a while now and I am a plumber too. (Did the college thing - it sounds like we went to the same college, as my tutors never gave a damn either.....).

Doing my NVQ in tiling right now with Chase Tiling Academy.

Do you guys find it hard to work with ill motivated people? I do, and I have worked with some right mongs on site. Winging about the cold etc.... ;)

Guess I am a right mong then ! :)

I hate tiling when I am in some new builds - no windows in - wind blowing in, no heating, no proper toliet, outside tap with freezing cold water. Will make no apologies for it. Hey if you like it then fair play to you. not my cup of tea. Guess you are made of stronger stuff.

L

Leatherface

Not quite - N Reg Astra 1.8 TDI - cost me £600 two years ago - very reliable - paid for. Hands are calloused to hell.
Sorry I meant on site as anywhere like a new build in the cold weather. Will always do it if the work is there, doesn't mean that I have to like it.
You ex army guys have probably been trained to enjoy cold unpleasant conditions. I don't particularly enjoy them. If that makes me a mong then so be it :wink_smile: :)

C

CON5933

I've seen that nutter...ex sas I believe. Trust me, u wouldn't want to be in a war next to him....he would draw fire..

Rule 1) Never share a foxhole with someone braver than you...they draw fire..

Rule 2) On the battlefield, try not to look important.....you draw fire..

Rule 3) Watch the yanks.... there's nothing more accurate than incoming 'friendly fire'
thtarma.gif

I

IvegotsTILE

That guy is amazing,he was in the S.A.S at the age of 23 he's climbed Everest at an early age plus he once broke his back and was told he'd never walk again.Tough b*****d I made my 6 year old watch it with me and he loved the bit where he caught that turtle,killied it then ate it.
That man is truly tough and I think he's amazing BUT none of that comes in handy when your tilling a bathroom with crumbling plaster,don't think his survival skills will come in much use then lol:happy:

C

Concept PHT

Norrarf...not

Absolutely crap is the term, I had the guy walkin in the middle of the brick on the way home, just in front of me (I didn't trust anyone else to go 3rd man)
His patrolling skills were none existent. In fairness they spent thier time on the east side, mst have thought comin over to the west was one big jolly for them:)
Oh to be so wrong. East side - Butlins. ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Under the Cam Net (Ex Military) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, We're having our downstairs tiles installed soon, about 82m2 of 1.2x1.2m square...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.