Search the forum,

Discuss Undulating freshly laid ply floor? Products to screed ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike Mike

Not my choice! It's a small area where two tables will go to break up the karndean.

What ply do you advise ? Would you advise to screed ? What complications could arise ?

Tell the client they would be 200 times better off just smoothing out the ply with some Uzin NC 181 and then sticking more Karndean down. Ply needs to be 15mm (British Standard) which doesn't exist, so 18mm. SLC how thick? 15mm? With reinforcing mesh (Swedish standard, don't know British). Plus height of slate, 10mm, plus 4mm adhesive. How much higher is this area going to end up than the rest of the floor????

If they want to break up the Karndean just get some more Karndean in a different colour/style :lol:

G

Gazzer

Tell the client they would be 200 times better off just smoothing out the ply with some Uzin NC 181 and then sticking more Karndean down. Ply needs to be 15mm (British Standard) which doesn't exist, so 18mm. SLC how thick? 15mm? With reinforcing mesh (Swedish standard, don't know British). Plus height of slate, 10mm, plus 4mm adhesive. How much higher is this area going to end up than the rest of the floor????

If they want to break up the Karndean just get some more Karndean in a different colour/style :lol:

Really ?...who would have thought it didnt exist ?
http://www.james-chambers.co.uk/she...w-b-p-plywood/w-b-p-eterior-plywood-1229.html

M

Mike Mike

Ermmmm thats quite cheap actually for Ply...its well overpriced .

I was thinking the same thing, was just looking at prices of all sheet materials. OSB is 31.5% dearer on your site than here.

OSB 3 NEXFOR 11X1200X2440MM - OSB - Skivmaterial - Byggmaterial - Webshop

I suppose the falling value of Sterling means prices of imported materials from Scandinavia are rising, but given the differences in VAT prices and the fact we get ripped off on everything, I would have expected it cheaper in England.

Reply to Undulating freshly laid ply floor? Products to screed ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.