Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Using a wetsaw TILE CUTTER in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

H

hooly

Any tips, as in whats the right way, I go in, cut tile, then come back out, trying not to clip the blade, if its not a full peice

Do you do hand either side, and follow right the way, I tend to clip the corner? sotry to hold from just the one side

I need 3 slivers, inch,

do you check blade for tightness time to time, does it just feel diff when blade is getting blunt?

cheers, first time user of one

G

Gazzer

It takes time to find what works best for you and the particular cutter, same with hand cutters. Call it technique.
As you use the machine you may not notice the wheel losing its edge as it will be gradual, but when you replace the wheel WHAT A DIFFERENCE !.
Different wheels cut better than others, names to look for are Rubi CPC, Marcrist, Beava and Norton.
As for holding the tile then what ever you feel comfortable with.
As for the corner clipping i would say the wheel is past its best or of cheap make, or maybe you are pushing through too hard. Wheels that are out of balance can cause the tile to vibrate and that too can make the corner break off.

Reply to Using a wetsaw TILE CUTTER in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking at getting a sigma. I am contemplating between the sigma ceramic cutter...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Using a wetsaw TILE CUTTER
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%