Discuss Using grout to UNDER floor tiles! in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

A

arniesacknooson

Hi all, can you tell me if grout should ever be used UNDER floor tiles? Our bathroom fitter has dot and dabbed with adhesive but used only a few blobs so much so a couple of tiles have lifted under foot in a see saw action. He assures us that by pushing in a watered down grout they will be fine. Serious alarm bells are ringing in my head as I am under the impression watering down any such material will just make it weaker therefore leading to crumbling and breaking down. Is this tiler a noddy? Am I worrying too much or do we need to take him off the job asap? Any advice would be great!

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
image.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Using grout to UNDER floor tiles! in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hello, after tiling the kitchen area I did grouting but I am not happy with the results. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB