Discuss van decals in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dilz000

not being funny, but your vans details should be the last thing to think about, spend the extra money on some quality tools and some products to experiment and learn with.

Im not to experienced either, and defiantly find soaking up the prices of materials to do odd jobs certainly gets my confidence up. To begin with most work will come from word of mouth from family and friends... build up your name and a good job portfolio first. Thats what im working on right now anyways.

Just my 2 pence :]

What do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
hiya dilz,i have a van yes but i started with an estate car

i blacked out the back windows and got it signwritten,it did get me a couple of jobs and have had 3 or 4 of the van so although the initial outlay is expensive it will bring work,also gets your name noticed and stuck in peoples minds for future reference

if your looking for the best return on advertising id suggest getting a website,google your area and see what competition your up against on the net and work your plan into that

D

dilz000

My competition is Diamond Tiling... They has nothing to worry about :p

Infact Doms commented on a lot of my posts and been really helpfull :] Must say, the tiling community especially the lads on here are awesome!!!

Unfortunately sign writing the estate isnt possible as I use it to get to the day job, which I need until I get busy enough to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

a reliable van is a must

it must look tidy and clean, if you can afford the vinyls get it done as its a one off payment and will get you noticed

at the moment theres a lot of start ups working from cars so a van makes you look established

be adventurous in your design and use plenty of bold colours, you are working in a creative finish trade reflect that in your business image

stand out from the crowd as an individual who puts time and thought into their business and not just turns up and slaps tiles on the wall

if you need any proof of the pudding look at colour republic, he s tailered his business to attract the clientelle he wants to work for and is making a fantastic success of it

D

diamondtiling

My competition is Diamond Tiling... They has nothing to worry about :p

Infact Doms commented on a lot of my posts and been really helpfull :] Must say, the tiling community especially the lads on here are awesome!!!

Unfortunately sign writing the estate isnt possible as I use it to get to the day job, which I need until I get busy enough to leave.

Dilz (what is your name?) there are more tilers than me and you in this area mate, having said that there are none and I really mean none that I would choose to work with after seeing what they pass as quality work. Over the last 20 plus years I have watched them come and go and they mostly go, down the pan. If you are ever in Crewe send me a text and I will introduce you to a few of the retailers, (who do you use for your materials by the way?) Also if you get on a large job that you are unsure of dont pass it by just pick up the phone and we can sort it together

:thumbsup:

Reply to van decals in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
van decals
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.