Discuss Van running cost's in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
im sat at home waiting for a call today as my vans gone in for an mot, will be surprised if it passes as its on its last legs, so ive been looking on line for possible replacments, but it seems a bit of a minefield what to go for, ive got some money set aside, i prefer to buy it out right then its all sorted, just dont want to end up buying a pile of rubbish..

B

Bubblecraft

No split costs as company is mine as a sole trader.

Bought my van out right so no over heads there.

Costs in fuel are about £80 to £100 per week.

Costs for insurance is £53 per month.

Costs for repair vary. Last year needed new springs, tyres, discs, pads, wheel bearings & some other bits n bobs. Prob about £1200 all in but I fit them all myself so not fitting costs. Then theres Tax, MOT, Service parts etc. So far this year I've forked out about £200 on a new drive belt, pulley wheel & some smaller things. MOT & service next few weeks!

J

JJS1410

Whilst a relative newbie to the forum and industry, I have previously worked in the automotive aftermarket (I.e. parts) with most of this time on van parts.

Whilst what I about to say will be of little interest to those leasing a van, if anybody has a van that is still under manufacturers warranty you can save running costs by NOT using dealers for servicing your van.

No matter what your dealer may say, as long as you service your van to the manufacturers schedule and use OE quality parts then your warranty will not be affected. By doing this you can half the fitting lists - a typical garage charges c£45 per hous for labour and a main dealer £70plus. When doing this always make sure that the garage doing the service knows the van is still under warranty.

I

Ian

Whilst a relative newbie to the forum and industry, I have previously worked in the automotive aftermarket (I.e. parts) with most of this time on van parts.

Whilst what I about to say will be of little interest to those leasing a van, if anybody has a van that is still under manufacturers warranty you can save running costs by NOT using dealers for servicing your van.

No matter what your dealer may say, as long as you service your van to the manufacturers schedule and use OE quality parts then your warranty will not be affected. By doing this you can half the fitting lists - a typical garage charges c£45 per hous for labour and a main dealer £70plus. When doing this always make sure that the garage doing the service knows the van is still under warranty.

Good bit of info :thumbsup:

P

Peter

Connect SWB, just bought outright and pay insurance outright. Probably use about £30-50 a week on fuel on an average week. It didn't need anything other than a tyre for the last MOT and hasn't really needed anything other than routine servicing. Servicing costs are not really an issue as my dad's a mechanic. :lol:

Don't like the idea of buying a van on the drip and a bill coming in on a quiet month but I can see the logic. If you're going to lose the money in tax anyway, you may as well be driving a new van.

K

kitchensofdesir

Ive got a 2003 Mk1 Merc Vito 110. Bought it couple years ago for £2800. Its on 126k now. Service it myself. Had a wheel bearing go, a problem with starter, and heater plug light on perminant but starts in cold fine, apart from that no issues. I put one of those fuel chip boxes on and gone from 32mpg to 43+mpg and it pulls like a train. Only issue is it has aircon fitted after manufacture and it don't work anymore. Must look into that soon..... MAYBE.....When I get round to it......

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Van running cost's in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? I know this is a hard...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
TileRight
T
P
Any of you fellas who have a newish van on finance, is it worth it for tax reasons or will it...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB