Discuss Victorian tile issue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

casey1961

Our house was empty for quite a few years then underwent some restoration by the previous owner, he wasnt too careful with the tiles in the hall way that have paint,plaster and cement splashes on them.
I managed to clean up about 4 tiles on my hands and knees for about 2hrs with various grades of scotchpads before I decided it was too big a job to do manually.
So now I've got hold of a decent electric floor polisher and intend to have a proper go, can someone please give me some advice on whether to use Scotchpads (which colour? I have a bunch of reds that came with the machine) or should I use a poly brush attachment as the tiles seem quite pitted in places and I wonder if the scrubber pad will miss all the indentations where a lot of the grime and dirt seems to be.
I did buy some tile cleaner stuff from the Tile Dr website so I was hoping to use that as it wasn't cheap...does anyone have any strong opinions on their products?
Any help/advice much appreciated.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Victorian tile issue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB