Guest viewing is limited

Discuss villeroy and boch nice but wonky in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

why tile

i started a job today with some nice 900x450 porca from villeroy and boch.

but i had laid about 3 or 4 tiles (brick bond) and was getting some lipping checked all the levels then i got anouther tile out the box and had a look down the length of it and it was slightly curved,
i checked a few more and some were curved and some were wavey and some were curved and then lipped up in the corner.

now i would expect this sort of thing from b+q but not from v+b.

i was just wondering if any one else has experienced this from villeroy and boch tiles.

the customer is having fit and i had to walk out of the room when he started screaming at the man from the shop he bought them from.

cant blame him he payed a small fortune for them.

W

why tile

Might be best to give them a wider joint and lose the bends with grout..or do a 3/4 bond so that the planarity of the tiles is less.

the customer has paid nearley £200,000 doing this house up and he wont make do with anything less than perfect and to be honest the the amount of money they cost why would you not expect them to be perfect! i have fitted better quality tile that cost 3rd of the price

W

why tile

You got to be kidding me! I love V&B they better take them back, thats terrible.
Whats the world coming to! Im destroyed by hearing this news!
Pebbs

sorry didnt mean to upset any one!:lol:

i will let you know what v+b say about them, the bloke from the shop they were purchased from came out and tried to say it was because of the size of them, he was laughed at and sent packing:lol:

Reply to villeroy and boch nice but wonky in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
villeroy and boch nice but wonky
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.