UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss VirginMedia Connection in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I work from home, and where I lived before yesterday I was hindered business-wise with a mere 2.7MB internet connection (apparently "UPTO 7MB" - never was) at the best times during the day, at worst it could be less than 1MB!! As a backup I had both BT and Sky, and used to flick between the two, whatever had the best connection at the time.

Cost me a BT phone line, and net connection. Then a sky phone line, and a sky connection (and had TV too). The bills between them, with a lot of national calls, were from £110 to £180 (inc TV mind).

Got VirginMedia 100MB broadband, speedtest says anything from 93MB to 101.2MB. Got the large TV package. And transfered the phone number to them too as I need to keep that. Bills are £36 for 6 months, and £56 after that. That's without the calls but I've had a national call thingy-me-jigg so they shouldn't be much.

Well pleased.

Not only that, what used to take a whole week sometimes to upgrade all the forums, which was often once per month, will now take just a few hours per month. Freeing up some time that I've been meaning to dedicated to all sorts of things such as sorting out the moderators websites and sorting out all the other projects I seem to start for the forums but never get far with.

Give me 6 months on this internet connection and if I haven't managed to take over the world I'm giving up my job. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have been with them since the beginning when they were Dimond Cable then ntl. never had any major problems i call them every now and then to tell them i'm thinking of switching to a different supplier and they normaly lower there price or upgrade package for free. Saying that my mate tried it once and got wound up that much with the person he was talking to he cancelled his whole subscription but he is a stupid mupit at times.

P

Peter

It's good if it works, although think I will change to someone else next time. The internet is fast enough but it's a bit unreliable and they have a habit of sending you letters telling you that your contract will now cost an extra £3 per month. Dunno how they can do that if you're in a fixed contract - rather sneaky. Customer service is non existant if you need a technician out to your house, it'll take weeks of
phoning India. :thumbsdown:

Maybe it's just me though. Suppose Virgin Media, Sky etc are all the same customer service wise at the end of the day.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to VirginMedia Connection in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I thought I'd create a thread so we can link each other to the last thing we bought on eBay, so...
2 3
Replies
Views
anne_mutens
A
Thought it might be a bit of fun (and maybe educational) for members to share a few stories of...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
G
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
Found this forum while searching for a new tile cutter, and was impressed by the help and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.