Discuss W2D4 Turntable maintenance and repair Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W2D4 Turntable maintenance and repair Discussion ThreadW2D4 Turntable maintenance and repair Electrical Advice

Best section to put this in, i guess....

For some years now i have been using an old PC to play records ... I mean, an oldhifi seperates turntable, plugged into the line-in of the PC and played through the PC's speakers....

Yes, i know a dedicated hifi system would sound better... but this is what i had to hand....

Earlier this year, the turntable gave up on me... no power to the motor, but the mechanics that lifted, moved nd dropped the arm all worked well.
The turntable sat in my graveyard... so i might find time to have a look at it properly.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, and i got asked by a local charity to replace a switch in their shop. 5 minute job....

"I'll do it FOC, as you're a charity... but would you have an old record player?"

"yes, sure... theres one around here somewhere.... but its not been PAT tested.... thatsnot a problem?"

So fair swap.. a lightswitch for a record player... (i plugged it in and it went round... so seems to work)

Now the problem... The motor works, the mechanics work.... but the needle just skims across the record.

Its just a cheapy record player... not one of those with a removable stylus, where you can replace it easily.

I am looking for how to replace the needle with the one from my old one sitting in the graveyard.

Positive angle on this... my old turntable, and the replacement are exactly the same Aiwa model.....Coincidence. . I can see me replacing the whole arm... and i bet its not a handy plug connecting everything together... will be soldered

W2D4 Turntable maintenance and repair for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to W2D4 Turntable maintenance and repair Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Lou

Staff member
Esteemed
Admin
Staffordshire
Website
https://www.TilersForums.com
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)
Business Name
TilersForums.com

Thread Information

Title
W2D4 Turntable maintenance and repair Electrical Advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Electrical Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
None

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond