Discuss wages as an employed tiler... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

hi guys, in recent conversations with the boss this discussion has came up a couple of times. now i know roughly what a self employed tiler who gets a lot of work through a 12 month period should be earning. but what about the guys who are employed and not on a self employed basis but actually employed like me. i dont really have a figure in mind of what i want to be earning once i can do just as good a job as the rest and to be honest i just want a comfortable life and a steady job...

but what would you guys realistically say i should be expecting in the coming months/years.

cheers

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
££400 a week,plus van ,phone, holiday pay, every bank hol,including made up ones,sick pay,money every week,most want there arses wiped,no pressure,just paid on Friday "see ya Monday mate" [emoji112][emoji112][emoji112][emoji112]
Good money if you ask me[/QUOTE

I agree mate I've worked with plenty of people who would jump at the chance of going on the books somewhere for the regular stress free wage

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
yeh guys i know i have a way to go yet but it has came up a few times and he just wonders what i am expecting to be paid. £400 a week is a lot better than didly squatting on the dole lol. cheers guys

Absolutely Ash and fair play to you for sticking with it, plenty of people out there who can't be bothered to get off their backsides!

D

Dougs Third Go

i saw an advert recently offering £18ph for tilers ,working at heathrow airport , having worked there my self , a few times air side ,
not a great wage for all the crap you have to put up with
not bad for cards in though Rob, most self employed would be charging around that rate, and we all know about the expenses that come with being self employed.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
if your on the books working for someone and your earning £140 a day your actually costing the company over £200 a day ....so you have to ask yourself what are you worth to them...

When I started tiling I was on £25 a week and I didn't go up much for 2years but I was happy to just learn a trade....I would be careful not to pee your boss off or you could end up with nothing. .

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
if your on the books working for someone and your earning £140 a day your actually costing the company over £200 a day ....so you have to ask yourself what are you worth to them...

When I started tiling I was on £25 a week and I didn't go up much for 2years but I was happy to just learn a trade....I would be careful not to pee your boss off or you could end up with nothing. .

If someone offered me £140 a day cards in, id throw in sex every month with his wife, you would be lucky to get tgat self employed up here [emoji23]

M

Mr Tiler

dont get me wrong im not hastleing anyone for a pay rise but its just came up in convo a few times because they want to know what sort of wage i am expecting in the end... well im already on a lot more than 25 a week but that being said i am fixing a lot for them so i am working hard for my money and was told earlier today that im due another pay rise. i have no idea what to expect as weekly wage once i am doing all that they can do just want a rough figure to go bk and say, this is what i want

Reply to wages as an employed tiler... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all, I havent been in the business of tiling long. With that being said as someone...
Replies
Views
Hi all; We're looking at hiring skilled Wall/floor tilers to join our team in Canberra...
Replies
Views
Muhammad fiaz
M
Bathroom/bathtub walls were tiled to the ceiling and a shower screen was fitting. Tiler left...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB