Discuss walked away in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

I recently went to look at a job and my gut instinct (and advice off here) told me to walk away due to it being a large concrete floor with wet ufh and having marble tiles, the problems with it being the owner has left screeding battens in the concrete, he didn't want to have decoupling membrane fitted, the floor is very uneven and the ufh has not been commissioned . well surprise surprise somebody has tiled it like that. a painter and decorator has been there and seen the job (very poor even in his eyes) and still the boiler hasn't been fitted. how can we help and advise people how the job needs doing properly when they don't listen? it's a new build, is there no regs regarding these problems? :mad2:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
i know its not tiling mike,but i walked away from a job where a 'mate' of the custormer had done the plasterboarding the other week,it was a right mess,flapping boards,ALL the joints filled with bonding.it would of come out terrible,but try telling that to people, " its only plasterboarding,the plaster will hold it togeather" erm,no,it will crack,the srews will pop ect ect.
you did the right thing mate

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to walked away in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Morning chaps! I have been lurking on here for a while now, gathering bits of information and...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
D
US Astronaut Neil Armstrong Dies Aged 82 His family said they were "heartbroken" by his death...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
G
Hi all I have just had my kitchen extension tiled an I am very worried after reading a number...
Replies
Views
Geoffishere
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
walked away
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.