Discuss wall adhesive serations vertical or horizontal?!?!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bigworz

a tiler in germany once told me off for spreading my adhesive from left to right, he told me they should always go verticaly, when i questioned him he said it was because if a water gets behind the wall it can then run down it rather then just sitting there and blowing tiles, i replied "well if you have done your job properly then the water should never be there!!" DOES ANYONE THINK IT ACTUALLY MATTERS!!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to wall adhesive serations vertical or horizontal?!?!? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
wall adhesive serations vertical or horizontal?!?!?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.