Discuss Wall behind bathroom tiles is wet in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

B

Benjamin Berry

Hi there,

We've had a damp problem in our bathroom which has manifested with discoloured patches on the walls in the room directly below the bathroom.

I started to take the grout out between the tiles and found some of the tiles very loose which I have also removed. See picture.

The wall behind, which I assume is plasterboard is damp.

Whilst there aren't any gaping holes clearly the surface of the plasterboard is uneven.

So do I need to replace the plasterboard completely or will letting it dry and smothering it over with plaster do? Or perhaps there is a different solution.

Please help!

B

Benjamin Berry

That must be quite some damp problem! Can ou explain a bit more about where the damp/leak/water has come from please?
You can't just go over the plasterboard, it will need replacing. But before i go any further i need a lot more detail on what the issue was in the first place.

Hi Ali,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I assume the water is coming from a crack in the grout or sealant on the tiles.

The tiled area pictured is behind and above the bath taps and below the shower head.

J

Upvote 0
T

tilerjason

if the plaster board is wet chances are there will be a big area not just the size of the tiles, if your grouts cracked the plasterboard behind the grout is prob going to be wet aswell, also if your silicone is discolouring this is also a signed of water damage, you need to replace the damage boards , but replace them with aqua panel or hardi backer as these are designed for wetrooms and are water repelent

Upvote 0
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wall behind bathroom tiles is wet in the Best Bathroom Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
I have started to notice a wet pattern look on my Porcelanosa Marmol Carrara Blanco bathroom...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
We are currently in the process of having our bathroom refitted. We’ve been on holiday whilst he...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB