Discuss Wall tiling around door/window in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Chris N

TF
Nuneaton
Hi all, just wondering what tips you've got for tiling walls around doors etc with regards to keeping everything perfectly aligned?

Alaways been OK by working off battens from both sides, constantly checking levels and by being paranoid with the tape measure, but spending a lot of time at mo trying to learn as much as poss and being open minded to different approaches and methods.

O

Old Mod

Where possible I’ll leave over the door till last, it’s the best place to hide any slight difference in height.
Doing what you’re already doing is the way I’ll go around a window, just keep an eye on the level either side on every course, adjusting when necessary. No need to be paranoid, if you start level at the bottom, you’re never gonna be that far out by the time you reach the top. And of course you can adjust on the way up, there will never be more than half a mm in it anyway unless the tiles are very sizey.

Chris N

TF
Nuneaton
As 3fall says always try and finish on the door wall.
Even better when you do and there is no horizontal grout line due to large tiles. Same goes for Windows.
Speeds things up a lot.
You still want it level but you know that working with 2-3 mm grout lines, if you are off a bit it won't be noticeable

Thank you.

I've started using mini tile wedges on the current job. Really helps with fine tweaks and adjustments for what you describe.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wall tiling around door/window in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello All, First post in this forum so forgive me if this has already been posted before. From...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to get some advice on a bathroom tile job. I’m doing a herringbone pattern around a...
Replies
Views
I'm tiling my bathroom using white metro tiles 20mm x 10mm (not bevelled). I want to use a...
Replies
Views
Hello gents! Long time lurker, first time poster.... I’m just fitting out our en-suite bathroom...
Replies
Views
Allan D
A
I am refurbing my bathroom and would like to install boards on the walls to create a nice even...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB