Discuss Wasp sting? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

I have been out on the bike today, managed to get a wasp in my leathers and the little pig stung my 3 times on the chest and then twice more down my arm before I could pull over in a bus stop and get all my gear off. I got some funny looks.

Whats the best thing to put on wasp stings?

Thought you said it was a Wasp, now you say its a pig....Pigs dont sting !!!:smilewinkgrin:

And what you doing with a pig down your leathers ???? DONT ANSWER THAT !!!

U

user123

Go to the chemist, they have a cream expecially for stings, around £3 or so, helps better than any onion, vinegar, pee, even though all those can help by balancing out the acid/alkaline process, but it's not just the alkalinity or acidity in bites that hurts, so that cream is best. Teatree oil or lavender and a mix of both are really good, but still not as good as that cream from the pharmacy, can't remember the name though, they'll know :)

U

user123

Wasp stings are formic acid so vinegar isn't any use, neither is pee as that is acid too. You need an alkaline product to neutralise it. Bees on the other hand, sting with alkaline...or is it the other way round??

It's a bit oversimplified that, Russell, as some peoples' skin is more acidic/alkaline than others, and it is the body's response to the other chemicals from bees and wasps which cause the trouble, in a similar way some of us are sensitive against any kind of substance we get in contact with. That's why it's good to try both, tea tree and lavender work on a different level altogether and the cream from the pharmacy takes into account different skintypes and body chemistries. Icecubes are always a good idea, too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wasp sting? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
T
  • Question
hey all, just finished off a slate floor today and the customer needed to get 3 bags of add for...
Replies
Views
K
well as you all know i was working on my mums job till today when she went to fare. just cant do...
Replies
Views
kent tiler
K
P
I am starting this thread, because instead of me ranting and having a rave up, tear up, fight...
Replies
Views
Bubblecraft
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Wasp sting?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.