UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Waste of money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mike

About a month ago I was called by an advertising agency selling ad space on a wall poster for an anti bullying campaign, they said the poster would be going out to schools, dentists, doctors etc in the area and they haven't got a tiler on it so being too soft to do otherwise I accepted and paid 114 inc vat for a beer mat size business ad. Yesterday I was shocked to receive through the post 4 anti bullying posters with just my ad on them! I was led to believe there would be other adverts on it and that I wouldn't have to waste my time giving them out, and they spelt my website wrong. The company is eml, educational media limited of Liverpool. I will ring them but I doubt I'll get anywhere, beware of similar cons
tapatalk on my HTC

A

AMtek

I think most people get these phone calls on an almost daily basis, especially if your number is listed on directory sites! i normally either just put the phone down or tell them to email me some details. If they are any sort of decent company they should give you your money back for spelling the site address wrong! if the site address they have put on the poster is available you could maybe buy the domain name and re-direct it to your site? might only cost a few quid

M

Mike

I think most people get these phone calls on an almost daily basis, especially if your number is listed on directory sites! i normally either just put the phone down or tell them to email me some details. If they are any sort of decent company they should give you your money back for spelling the site address wrong! if the site address they have put on the poster is available you could maybe buy the domain name and re-direct it to your site? might only cost a few quid

They said they would rectify any errors foc but I'm not going round asking people to put the poster up. I thought they'd be sending them out.

tapatalk on my HTC

J

jwatson

i registered on tps and can honestly say it cut cold calls down to a minimum, i do get the odd one now and again but it was 2/3 times a day. quite frustrating. get registered its free!!:smilewinkgrin:
This type of cold caller has been discussed in depth on here a few times..

PLEASE!! Do not give these low life con artists the time of day...

Mike a lesson learned mate... register your numbers with the Telephone preferential service, it is against UK law for uk firms to cold call..
This what the TPS are TPS and you can register here >>> TPS

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Waste of money in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Here is a little bit of what we go through on our course, As previously said your Tiling skills...
Replies
Views
O
Just had one of those calls again on the moby, though it had been a while since the last one...
Replies
Views
oldgit
O
S
Checkatrade / MyHammer / MyBuilder / Trusted etc. Are they all evil? I’m glad the subject...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Waste of money
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.