UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Water underneath floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hello,
I entered to a new apartment and I discovered after 10 days that the bath drain was not installed correctly.
Therefore underneath the floor of all the rooms in my apartment I suffer from high moisture in the grained solid.
The fault is on the constructors responsibility, so he need to fix the apartment.
What he did to solve the problem is to open 14 floor pieces from granite porcelain and hope for the help of mother nature..
after 45 days he installed one machine that sucks the air beneath the floor so he will dry the moisture from the grained solid.In lab tests for moisture levels the result was 6.8%.
I consulted with a construction engineer which determine that the floor need to be replaced and not dried with vacuum machines.
The construction company deals with the problem in the cheaper way they can and they are not intend to replace the floor.
What should I do? do I have a case to sue in court?
Thanks for any help!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Water underneath floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.