UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Waterproofing proposal - Please validate. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Homel

Hi all - another newbie here. I’m in the process of changing an en-suite bath room to a wet-room.

I’ve spent hours reviewing the forum and found the information and advice invaluable. From this I have formed a plan of action but would like to ensure that my planned approach is appropriate.

Floor
  • I have pulled up half the existing 18mm chipboard to reroute plumbing so planning to replace all with 18mm WBP plywood. Joists at 400mm. Will add extra noggins as required and screw at 300mm centres.
  • Cover with 6mm Marmox insulating/tile backer board (screwed at 150mm centres) – do I need to use adhesive too?
  • Preformed corners and sealing tape at all joints
  • Marmox showerlay tray.
  • Underfloor heating mat.
  • SLC (except on shower tray of course)
  • Durabase CI+ decoupling membrane (with appropriate adhesive)
  • Tiles (probably a 8-10mm marble with marble mosaics on shower tray),

Walls
  • 3 stud walls with skimmed plaster board, 1 external wall with skimmed plasterboard.
  • Cover with Dura-WP (with appropriate adhesive)
  • Tile. Tiles are the small metro style tile which I believe will come in around 20kg per sq.m incl. adhesive.

Sloping ceiling from eaves (about 45/50 degree slope) – forms part of shower area so need to tile it.
  • Replace existing artexed (yuk!) plasterboard with Marmox 10mm tile backer board.
  • Planning to tile (same tiles as walls) directly to this as will only be subject to splashes and not steady flow/immersion (Showerhead in ceiling). Or should I Dura-WP as well?

Does this make sense? Have I missed something or have I gone over the top?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

H

Homel

Waterproofing Proposal

Hi All

A photo of the proposed wet room attached (hopefully:smilewinkgrin:). Any comments on my proposed approach would be much appreciated.

Thanks. Lee

Attachments

• En-Suite 6.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 185
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Waterproofing proposal - Please validate. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi All So around 10 years ago (i had no idea it was that long ago until i looked up the order...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.