Discuss Wavin thermoboard in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I've been asked to tile over Wavin thermoboard and this particluar water ufh system only allows a floating chipboard/plywood floor or s/c screed to go over it before the floorcovering, I'm going to recommend Karndean vinyl tiles on 18mm ply as I don't know of a floating floor that is solid enough to tile on given that the thickness has to be kept to a minimum as I think they didn't think through the height issues that tiles would cause before they laid the heating! Anyone know if there is yet anything suitable that won't cause issues with porcelain tiles?

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I was thinking that Andy, but the thickness of the leveller/decoupler/and tiles are going to take it so high above the door threshold level, and shower tray that it will be impossible to make it look good where it joins the hall floor, and Wavin told me no it's not designed for screed or latex as I thought earlier, due to the aluminium plates in between the element on top of the foam, I think there are issues of wet screeds affecting the bond of the plates, so I'm snookered, I think I will just say no on reflection and see if they want Karndean instead, thanks for your reply bud. They do like to test us don't they !:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wavin thermoboard in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I've just had the whole ground floor of a house we are working on levelled with a pump in liquid...
Replies
Views
Bishbbashbosh
B

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB