Guest viewing is limited

Discuss We are next.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It'll be tomorrow or Monday now as Dave days.

And I apologise in advance if I upset anybody, it will happen unfortunately but it's just the way it goes. The improvements have new members in mind but are not too drastic to not know your way around the forum if you've already gotten used to this type of software. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Ajax spoke my mind.... hohum.... and I have really keen security software and registry cleaners that keep chucking out cookies.... if I get stuck I can always ask Michael then?:smilewinkgrin:
You should be able to add safe websites to a 'whitelist' somewhere G. Checkout the settings and add tilersforums to it. Our cookie should be named .tilersforums.com (with the dot in front), if that's needed.

U

user123

You should be able to add safe websites to a 'whitelist' somewhere G. Checkout the settings and add tilersforums to it. Our cookie should be named .tilersforums.com (with the dot in front), if that's needed.

Ah, good, had forgotten about that, I'll find it, cheers me dear. :thumbsup:
We can have pretty colours and keep the smileys, you said, so that's girly in me happy. If we still have 'unread posts since your last visit, and 'today's posts' the comfort zone bit in me will be happy... the rest will fall into place...

U

user123

technorati.gif

clear.gif
what do these mean, Dan?? I scrolled over for the description, but still no clue...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
what are the benefits of the new software Dan?

Mainly usability for new members or less experienced computer users. Though the old software is becoming less and less supported, so it would have to happen sooner or later.

will we have any "down time" Dan while software is being upgraded?

The sparky forum had an hour, the plumbing hour and half, the plastering a couple - so I'm getting quicker the more and more I do it. :) So less than an hour I'd say. And I'll do it during the slower times (possibly over the weekend - we're always quiet sunday afternoons - though if not, monday).
Ah, good, had forgotten about that, I'll find it, cheers me dear. :thumbsup:
We can have pretty colours and keep the smileys, you said, so that's girly in me happy. If we still have 'unread posts since your last visit, and 'today's posts' the comfort zone bit in me will be happy... the rest will fall into place...
Basically both of the 'today's posts' and 'new posts' have been combined into 'What's New' (in the main menu bar).

Not only will this pull up new posts as before, but it'll also pull up new blogs and articles when I add those features (didn't want too much change initially).
technorati.gif

clear.gif
what do these mean, Dan?? I scrolled over for the description, but still no clue...

Those are used a lot less on our type of forum. But they're ways to promote a certain post or topic.

Last edited:

Reply to We are next.. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, Thanks for being members here on TilersForums.com - it is a pleasure to have you! I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
We are next..
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.