Discuss We are tiling this with using sand and Cement in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

E

Egyptian

Great picture EGYPTIAN , do you have a real name ?, is this a picture of a floor ?, straight on to sand ( the original un-copling membrane ) how strong is the mix of sand -cement 3-1 ?, do you add any other liquids to the sand and cement ? to make it nice to work with !
thanks , yes it is a pic of floor . the mixture of sand and cement is strong in my opnion. it has life interval about 25 years but this depend also in the quality of finishing. in our markets we have mortar but the problem here is that the surfaces here in our buldings are rough not straight which is made of concrete and bricks the mortar suits the smoother surfaces :)
we first determine the slope of the floor toward the bathroom as in our departmnts the whole apartment is drained via it heheheh then spread sand on the floor at certain level that suits then we make the slope going toward the bathroom . then we spread MONNA (which is mixture of cement and water with ratio of 1 pack(50kg) for 1/8 cubic meter of sand) we spread a layer about 2cm thickness . the ceramic units here is about 1cm in thickness so the total thickness will be 3 cm the slope previosly is adjusted suits the level of drainage system and the places where the doors will going to be fixed

E

Egyptian

They also tiled the great pyramid at geezer :smilewinkgrin: just a while back :lol: ( same tools anyway )

hehehe we use the old methods not because we haven't the newer but because the newer not always suit our architecture here :) we sometimes use it when we tiling on top of already tiled surfaces which are straight and already take it;s slope and this take about 3 ml of mortar and 1 cm of ceramic that is mean we take 1.3 cm of the space available for wood (doors)

E

Egyptian

do you think we would ever get an apprentice refer to us as 'my master'..:lol:

heheh he teached me when i was beginner so he desrves the word (master ) in our culture we greatly appreciate who teach us even if it is only one letter :) us .now i am professinal in this career and all my thanks to him ........... when i need to do thing and this thing needs experience he gave it to me he is now 54 year he is working in this career for 34 year i started to learn it when i was in college 4 years ago and i really love this career

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

heheh he teached me when i was beginner so he desrves the word (master ) in our culture we greatly appreciate who teach us even if it is only one letter :) us .now i am professinal in this career and all my thanks to him ........... when i need to do thing and this thing needs experience he gave it to me he is now 54 year he is working in this career for 34 year i started to learn it when i was in college 4 years ago and i really love this career

A very nice sentiment, good to see some respect being shown. I take my hat off to you.:thumbsup:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
my apprentice used to call me 'jedi' or 'yoda' not sure if he was taking the pee ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to We are tiling this with using sand and Cement in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A friend of mine (who is a great brickie) laid his patio the other day, he used a wet bed of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need an adhesive suitable for 20x20cm cement encaustic tiles on unskimmed plasterboard...
Replies
Views
I'm thinking maybe not? I'm used to cement board so my go to. Maybe I can cement board the...
Replies
Views
Hi - I ripped up laminate flooring on a concrete subfloor. It was my first DIY project and...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB