Guest viewing is limited

Discuss web domain name in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Once you have chosen a web domain name, done a search to find out if it is available should you be able to register it to the internet free of charge. If not how much does it cost. I have looked it up and it is available but I am a bit worried that if I register it through one of the online hosting companies they will become the owner and effectively I would "rent" it from them. Not sure how all this tinternet mullarky works.

Lastly in this bit how do I go about building a basic website. Is there a web resource site that I can do this on

I would like to buy my daughter a web domain and sort her out a small website for her birthday so she can build on it for her soon to come wildlife photography business.

C

Colour Republic

nice idea,

Some hosts do hold you to ransom when you want to move away, but in most cases they are fine and the ownership is registered in your name with nominet who administer .co.uk domains in the UK

as for hosts I would suggest fasthosts, i've registered a few domains with different companies over the years and found them the easiest to deal with and the backend dashboard is fairly easy to get your head around

Reply to web domain name in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
P
I have spent my evenings in the last week sorting out my new VPS.....proberbly means nothing to...
Replies
Views
Protilers
P
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
B
I've been trying to contact the owner of a domain name to see if it would be for sale. It is not...
Replies
Views
Bubblecraft
B
D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Ajax123

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Lincolnshire
Website
https://www.lkabminerals.com/en/products/gypsol/
What member type are you?
  1. Support Rep (here to provide support only)

Thread Information

Title
web domain name
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.