Discuss week 8 college in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

suave

hi guys quick update whats happening at college,not posted since week 3/4 i think.
anyway!last 4 weeks spent in rendering bays,also numeracy and technical drawing classes.
started off learning to put the scratchcoat on with sand&lime (hardwork may i add)then putting the screeds on and making them plumb,finally top coat to depth of screed 10/12mm,once the excess was drawn off and floated up it looked fantastic.whilst the wall was up we backbuttered a square metre of tile and stuck to wall just for a demo purpose.
render was then removed back to the blockwork,tutor then taught us handfixing,for the newbies and younger guys this is fixing using sand and cement,it wasnt part of the course,done 3 different patterns,risbond,brokenbond and 45 a skill on it own this hand fixing stuff,anyone done it?myself and a couple other guys are a bit ahead of the class and have been put on a project,their making a bay into a tool shed its to be rendered and tiled using the real stuff,scratchcoat already on, when we finish it who knows.
the rendering part of the course was to last 4 weeks but has been extended because the other tiling class is behind as their tutor is off sick,back tomorrow for start of week 9,think we starting screeding floors,think this should be easier than the walls,to be continued.........:thumbsup:

Reply to week 8 college in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
R
Hi guys, im thinking of taking the week or 2 week course with construction skills college in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
week 8 college
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.