Discuss Weekly food shop in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ok so tomorrow evening I more than likely have to ensure a trip to the supermarket.

It seems to be working out that I get around ten pounds of goods per bag. The price of everything just seems ridiculous, where are the bargains? Most 'offers' are adjoined to two for two pounds saving 30p or something similar.

how much are you averaging on your weekly shop? Do you grow your own? I barely find time to do the weekly shop never mind hunt out bargains. Between food, rent and fuel it's getting harder and harder to live, how are people doing coping?

D

Deleted member 9966

Liz, how much more are you spending on cleaning products for personal and domestic use (not including res remover ;)

how much of the produce is fresh ?

Don't buy cleaning stuff, shampoo etc every week but on average I reckon it accounts for no more than 3 quid a week. We still have to buy nappies too. Lots of fresh fruit, veg and meat. I have salads every day. We do a lot of home baking now to avoid spending on sweet treats and even make own bread. Mr grr wants a veg patch.

D

DHTiling

Ok so tomorrow evening I more than likely have to ensure a trip to the supermarket.

It seems to be working out that I get around ten pounds of goods per bag. The price of everything just seems ridiculous, where are the bargains? Most 'offers' are adjoined to two for two pounds saving 30p or something similar.

how much are you averaging on your weekly shop? Do you grow your own? I barely find time to do the weekly shop never mind hunt out bargains. Between food, rent and fuel it's getting harder and harder to live, how are people doing coping?

Honestly have not got a clue... i just work and she shops :)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
We don't do a weekly shop.

We buy our food every day, I've no idea what I want to eat in 3 days time, sometimes I don't even know what I fancy when I walk through the supermarket door.

Buy a lot of fresh stuff, and my wife works part-time so she may have a blitz and make meals to freeze and then if we don't fancy going to the shop we defrost, cook and eat.

D

DHTiling

We don't do a weekly shop.

We buy our food every day, I've no idea what I want to eat in 3 days time, sometimes I don't even know what I fancy when I walk through the supermarket door.

Buy a lot of fresh stuff, and my wife works part-time so she may have a blitz and make meals to freeze and then if we don't fancy going to the shop we defrost, cook and eat.

Same here really , she buys the usual stuff as and when required like loo rolls etc etc and some freezer stuff .

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

What is mad here, is the bankers made the mistakes , and now we are all paying the price of it ! without very much complaint it seems to me, they have got away with it again ,and now they are even awarding themselves big bonuses again! and hight wages,and at the same time not lending , if you ask me we are all MUGGS for letting them get away with -it ! still the bankers schoolboy friends the Torys let them ! LOL.

D

DGJ

I do the on line home delivery thing. I find I spend less doing that.

If I actually go to the supermarket I have eye's bigger than belly syndrome and end up adding £50 worth of stuff I didn't need.
:lol:
Im in the same boat as you:thumbsup:

By the time I've added the items I want twice over because of the laptop crashing I'm that peeved I just get the essentials and be done with it!:lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Weekly food shop in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Most of us run a van for work, how do you firstly buy your van ? lease? HP? outright ? you share...
Replies
Views
kitchensofdesir
K
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
> ESSEX HURRICANE APPEAL !!! > > A hurricane (Hurricane Shazza) and earthquake measuring 5.8 on...
Replies
Views
J
have just done a porcelain floor this week . The tile company who supplied tiles and who i have...
Replies
Views
jonnyc
J
C
I am in no doubt that our friend Wivers is now flying high! Before a company goes public...
Replies
Views
wivers
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB