Discuss Welll it made for an easy day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Small job to retile a kitchen splashback but I suggested that removing the old tiles was a good idea as they were having new worktops fitted. Now how do you know at the time if the tiles will come off clean or if it will rip the wall to pieces ???

Simple ! Tile to emulsion with cheap dispersion adhesive !!
IMG00266-20110216-0912.jpg IMG00267-20110216-0912.jpg 1 hour from start to finish :thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

I was finding it har convincing a customer that I needed to remove the emulsion, prior to tiling. If I could have showed them those pics, they might have been easier to convince:thumbsup:

Feel free to use the pics, Those tiles came off so clean , 80% could be refixed. Started off with a small bolster chisel and after one tile used a paint scraper for the rest. Most didnt even need tapping with a hammer, just slide the blade behind and pop them off.

Reply to Welll it made for an easy day in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Does anyone have a DIY link or suggestions for removing just a single central tile from a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Welll it made for an easy day
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.