Discuss Went shopping at Morrisons today and.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
heard tannoy announcement "would the owner of a white Ford Transit reg no blah blah please report to the customer information desk" eh? wtf?, who the hell's crashed into my van? was what I thought. I get to the desk and find out that someone is saying I've hit their car!! WHAT!! I then start to relive my journey in as you do. Nope, don't remember going anywhere near anyones car, at this point the morrisons guy says that my paint is on her car and my bumper is scuffed :sick2:. I get outside to a big stocky woman shouting the odds etc.. then I look at my van - er - no actually, there are exactly the same scuffs on my rear bumper that were there when I bought the van and no paint - so I look at her car which is nose in incidentally, me facing nose out. The dent is at a 45deg angle on the offside front wing, so I must be a magician then! as her tyre is poking out so my van would not have been able to contact her front wing at any angle, and, my van is white with grey bumpers, the paint on her wing is black and the white scratches being her undercoat. Anyway, I thought CCTV:hurray:, oh bum facing the opp way:mad2:, so I have to explain all the technical details of how I reversed in and pointing out that the point of impact would have to be frontal and that white paint and grey plastic bumper (clean i might add) does not add up to black paint. Don't need it on a Sunday afternoon do ya :thumbsdown:. Anyone else been accused of this, and how did ya get on?

M

mikethetile

ken

I had exactly the same thing working in kettering [not a million miles from you] it took three years to sort out and all the time it was outstanding I lost my no claims bonus and was classed as a high risk so my insurance was horrendous, it was finally sorted earlier this year and my no claims was restored, I was able to recover discounts for every year from my insurers which more than covered this years premiums

my advice to you is to involve the police now as it is a criminal offence to attempt to defraud an insurance company

I couldnt as I hadnt involved the law at the time, had I done that it would have been sorted at the time and saved me a lot of time and aggro not to mention money

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

funny the same thing happend to my mr's tesco's about a year ago, they called mr's gooner out and she could not believe it!! it turned out that the mrs said it mest have been a shopping trolly as our was marked to !! she stood her ground against two of them barking at her (proud of her for this ) and they just cleard off with all the threat's of the police and stuff ,she never heard anything more :thumbsup:i dont think the police can do anything on private/or crown land!!!

C

Colour Republic

Still steaming about it, I just rang Morrisons to find out if the CCTV would have caught it, and the guy said it would defo show up on the CCTV as it was on the top car park which is fully covered by CCTV 24hrs, but they could only provide footage to the insurance company if required, mmmm something smells a bit here :veryangry2:

Rubbish under the data protection act they have to provide you with the footage for a nominal £10 fee, hang on....

How CCTV is used in the community : Directgov - Home and community

I would request the footage, I would also ask for footage at the entrance of the car park just in case you can prove the other car entered the car park after you did.

EDIT: oh by the way get your request in early as I believe they only have to keep the recordings for 30 days at which point they can tape over it although some companies will keep it for longer

How to request CCTV footage
You have the right to access images of yourself that may have been recorded by a CCTV camera system. This is because the Data Protection Act of 1998 means that public bodies like local councils need to make any personal data available to you if you request it. Personal data is information that relates to an individual and is held by the public body.
You will need to make a request in writing to the owner of the CCTV system. The details of the owner are usually written on a sign attached to the camera. You will need to give them enough information to identify you, for example a specific date and time, and a description of yourself and your clothing. They may charge you a fee of up to £10 for a copy of the footage.
If you contact a public body that holds CCTV footage of you, they must give you a copy of those images within 40 days. They may send you an edited version of the CCTV footage to protect the identities of other people shown in the footage.

Edited footage

The CCTV recording may be edited to make sure that you can’t see any other personal data that doesn’t relate to you, like:

• a vehicle registration number that is not yours
  • an unfair intrusion into the privacy of another person
Contact your local council for more information about how CCTV is used in your community, or see their CCTV code of practice for more about the use of CCTV cameras and the Data Protection Act.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Went shopping at Morrisons today and.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J
D
Hi, Been lurking around the forum for the last couple of days and began to feel a bit...
Replies
Views
R
Hi guys Thought I'd fill you in on what happened today at work, I think what your about to read...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
S
priced a job for a builder at this mum's house ,he wanted a cash priced Deal and said it was...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Ken Bruty

Arms
TF
Bedford
What member type are you?
  1. Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
KDB Ceramics & Stone

Thread Information

Title
Went shopping at Morrisons today and....
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.