Discuss Wet biscuit in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trevb78

Hi all,

Another newbie error!

I'm on the way to finishing all the tiling in the bathroom. Some of you may remember - I completed the shower first to keep the bathroom running.

I have just discovered a few tiles that have now got a blue hue - I believe this to be from the biscuit getting wet.

The two tiles on the left hand of the picture, in the lowest course to the shower base, is mounted to a solid wall, covered in Ardex wpc before tiling. The other two tiles, one of which is the lowest course, then one up, are mounted to a Wedi boarded stud wall. It is a corner shower - I don't think there are any leaks in the pipe work.

What are my options?

Could it be a grout issue?

Can I dry it out with a dehumidifier if I remove the grout?

Many thanks!

Trev
57896b544c4232bcad22ab65ca600983.jpg

S

Spare Tool

Judging from the pics you'd think its got to be down to the tiles, which could be replaced by 2 fresh tiles in an hour, but if you've got a rep coming out then let him decide best course of action and don't let him fob you off.
I'ts never a good idea to have full tiles to floor and ceiling, not unless you know exactly where your high and low points are, can't remember coming across a bathroom when the floor and the ceiling were 100% level, if its your first full bathroom in your house and your happy crack on.

Reply to Wet biscuit in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views
The shower pan on my all tile 70 year old shower started to leak. I have access the the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB