Discuss Wet biscuit in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

Re - tiles changing colour.
With I lighter colour tile you will not notice they are different batches till they are grouted then it stands out like a sore thumb.

When you purchase your tiles were there any loose tiles not in boxs or any broken boxs with tape round them..?
Why does it always happen that you don't notice shade problems until you buff up the tiles??
In my younger days I did get get caught out with batch/box problems......I didn't cotton on to customer when she said that the DIY shed that she got the tiles from told her that they had to amalgamate boxes from 3 different shops for her order,hence.....3 different batch colours....DOH!

T

trevb78

Hi all, the tile tec said it's taken in water - likely from too neater silicone job at the shower tray!

So, I'll dry it out, add more grout and a bit more silicone sealant! Hopefully, that will sort it. He brought a tile with him and dunked it in some water to show the hue was the same.

What are your thoughts?

Also, how much of a job to redo the tiles above the door on plasterboard?

Cheers!

Trev

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Hi all, the tile tec said it's taken in water - likely from too neater silicone job at the shower tray!

So, I'll dry it out, add more grout and a bit more silicone sealant! Hopefully, that will sort it. He brought a tile with him and dunked it in some water to show the hue was the same.

What are your thoughts?

Cheers!

Trev

seems a lot of water ingress for a dodgy silicone joint..?

as for replacing the tiles you may find it will wreck the plaster board removing the them. and that would need to be replaced.

O

On one

What are your thoughts?

Cheers!

Trev
Dodgy silicone or a different shade,either way those 2 shower tiles are going to have to come out to find out. It can be done carefully.
The 5 tiles above the door to come out? Your choice,can you live with it?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wet biscuit in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in the process of tiling with subways and just wanted some help with corners, if trim...
Replies
Views
The shower pan on my all tile 70 year old shower started to leak. I have access the the...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB