Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Wet cutter chipping final part of cut? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

D

dtd00

Hi,
I am new to this and have a wet tile cutter. It seems to be working brilliantly for 99% of the cut (8mm ceramic floor tiles) but on the last part of the cut it keeps cracking the finish and chipping the corner off.

I am trying to feed the tile slowly through the cutter but I am not sure whether I should be doing something different at the end of the cut? Should I be cutting upside down etc?

TIA,

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi,

Try not pressing so hard near the end (the blade should feed itself through the tile pretty much through the whole tile - just a little pressure is required) but also try cutting 10mm into the tile one end, then turn the tile around and cutting the rest of the tile to meet the small cut you made.

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for signing up. :)

Reply to Wet cutter chipping final part of cut? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

First time poster here. For some context, I have a (mostly finished) tiny home with some really...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Tiling my bathroom first time and going well so far! 600x300 ceramics on walls and...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet cutter chipping final part of cut?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%