Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Wet cutter given up the ghost in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nardini

Re: Wet cutter

Firstly, hi from an oldie!

Now to the business in hand - Having "retired", I now find myself more busy than ever! Still, it stops the mind wandering and the hand from shaking, I suppose :8:

I have been fitting a new marble floor at home - 85m2 of it! This prompted a search for a cheap-ish radial cutter as that is a lot of marble to cut by hand. Of course, I could have got a Montolit - but at €1000 or so, my Italian pension isn't THAT good!

Looking around I found (and bought) a Chinese-made machine that is imported into Europe by a French company, . It cost me €300, although I then bought a Montolit DNA blade as I hate chips!

Having now cut all the marble (25mm) and laid it, I am now using the saw for a ceramic job, with diagonal cuts in 45x45 tiles. The saw has worked faultlessly, although I had to tidy up a couple of Chinese "features" that neither worked nor were needed! :smilewinkgrin:

All in all, an excellent saw for not a great deal of cash. Of course, I have no idea at all if you can get one in the UK (sorry), but a call to Far would get you an answer, I'm sure!

PS - chuck away the packaging as quick as you can, unless you like the strange smell that Chinese packing materials always seem to have!

Ciao!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Well my el cheapo b&q wet cutter has evetually died. Time for a new one but WHICH ONE>

Looked at the Rubi ND200 but its pretty expensive considering the size of tiles it can cut .

Anyone got any alternatives or is the rubi one the best?

Sorry I haven't read all the thread, but did you manage to get a replacement?

Reply to Wet cutter given up the ghost in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

HI FOLKS. LOOKING TO EXPAND ON MY TILING TOOLS AND INVEST IN A WET TILE CUTTER. WITH SO MANY...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, After some advice. I don't do loads of tiling but do a few bathrooms here and there...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet cutter given up the ghost
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%