Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Wet Cutters on Site in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

C

cowgomoo

Hello everyone, I am running a large site cutting 600 x 300 porcelain tiles which are proving a devil to cut whether by Sigma, Rubi or Clinker and the waste issue has raised its head with the site managers - they allow us 10% but we are exceeding this. I do wonder if a wet cutter is the answer but, having no great knowledge of the, how long would a 600 mm cut take and what size wet cutter would you recommend - a plas plug 100 quid job with diamond wheel or something more substantial. Many Thanks. David.

C

cowgomoo

Hey men, many thanks for all the replys, a side issue to this is - are there porcelain tiles and porcelain tiles ?? All of the guys here have had experience with porcelain tiles before but none have been as difficult to cut as these - they say. The building firm apparently uses the same tiles in all of its projects and each tiling firm employed has had trouble with them - according to the site managers. I would like to be the one who cracks the problem and wins all the contracts in the future.

C

cornish_crofter

A 600mm cut on a wet cutter will take you around 2 to 3 minutes a pass, then there's the setting up etc for each different sized cut.

10% is a standard waste allowance. I've come in at anything from 0% to about 15%, depending on the geomitry of the job and the quality of the tiles.

If he is causing you grief about this, work out what waste you would get with the job anyway because of normal layout and present him with this.

G

Gazzer

A 600mm cut on a wet cutter will take you around 2 to 3 minutes a pass, then there's the setting up etc for each different sized cut.

10% is a standard waste allowance. I've come in at anything from 0% to about 15%, depending on the geomitry of the job and the quality of the tiles.

If he is causing you grief about this, work out what waste you would get with the job anyway because of normal layout and present him with this.

You sure :dizzy2:

C

cowgomoo

I have to tell you that there is no symmetry on this job, basins, pan and shower heads all seemingly at random. The regular wastage isn't of concern -purely the amount of tiles wasted trying to complete cuts length wise and the fiddly cuts around toilet inlet ond out pipes etc. 2-3 minutes is quite quick enough, can you take a 5mm slice or less off ok with these machines and is there a splintering issue and can you keep the cut dead straight easily enough and do you get soaking wet ??? So many questions - I am indebted to you all. David.

D

doug boardley

With the CPC wheel on my Rubi DW250 i was mitring the edge of a tile and the offcut was coming off clean. I was impressed and so were the rest of the site. As for getting wet, yeah i get wet but i find the more water the better. If i was that fussed i would wear a waterproof jacket or something.
is that with cpc2 blade Neale, if so are they a lot better than old cpc blade?

Reply to Wet Cutters on Site in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am looking to purchase a new wet cutter and after reading the forum it seems the RUBI...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
Can anybody recommend a cutter that will produce very good edge cuts on 10mm very hard porcelain...
Replies
Views
G
hi guys I've always used a wet cutter to cut my tiles where ever my dry rail cutter can't do...
Replies
Views
gary b
G

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet Cutters on Site
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%