Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss Wet Cutters on Site in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

C

cowgomoo

my rubi ts 50 plus can cut porcelains no problem if you give it a quick score and snap obviously like dave says which type of porcelain is it if not try and use a wet saw

Hi, a couple of guys have this cutter and have problems with the lenghthwise cut -one of the machines snapped itself last week ! 1 month old from Screwfix - they replaced it foc !!

L

Leatherface

Hello everyone, I am running a large site cutting 600 x 300 porcelain tiles which are proving a devil to cut whether by Sigma, Rubi or Clinker and the waste issue has raised its head with the site managers - they allow us 10% but we are exceeding this. I do wonder if a wet cutter is the answer but, having no great knowledge of the, how long would a 600 mm cut take and what size wet cutter would you recommend - a plas plug 100 quid job with diamond wheel or something more substantial. Many Thanks. David.

Hi mate, this must really be down to the particular model ( not make ) of cutter you are using. I use a RUBI TX700N on hard to snap porcelain. Never had a problem. The TX range can be found on Trade Tiler website. Well worth the money :yes:

D

doug boardley

doug-boardley-albums-one-finished-picture2329-one-finished-sunny-hill-001.jpg
I was forced to post it!! the small one is tx700

L

Leatherface

doug-boardley-albums-one-finished-picture2329-one-finished-sunny-hill-001.jpg
I was forced to post it!! the small one is tx700

Bet the TX 1000 is heavy !!!
Thank god have never needed one. Have only been asked to do one job with 1 metre tiles. Turned it down as customer was not prepared to pay my price ( which was a bit inflated to include a proportion of the price of a new cutter, to cut them with ) Wasn't going to pay for it all myself and have it gather dust in my garage !

D

doug boardley

Bet the TX 1000 is heavy !!!
Thank god have never needed one. Have only been asked to do one job with 1 metre tiles. Turned it down as customer was not prepared to pay my price ( which was a bit inflated to include a proportion of the price of a new cutter, to cut them with ) Wasn't going to pay for it all myself and have it gather dust in my garage !
a tx1000 might be, that baby's the tx1200n Nick, and yes it is heavy!

S

Spud

i have the tx 1200 n, rubbish cutter, just not up to the job, use it most for diagonal cutting 60x60 tiles where you cut through the angle you have to break a fair way down the rail and the bars bend up and you cannot break the tile , there are much better more robust cutters on the market ,mine has never cut totally square either the screw thread which holds the guide bar stop has stopped holding the guide now, absolute crap and i paid over £600 for the pleasure thanks rubi

Reply to Wet Cutters on Site in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi all I am looking to purchase a new wet cutter and after reading the forum it seems the RUBI...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
Can anybody recommend a cutter that will produce very good edge cuts on 10mm very hard porcelain...
Replies
Views
G
hi guys I've always used a wet cutter to cut my tiles where ever my dry rail cutter can't do...
Replies
Views
gary b
G

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet Cutters on Site
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%