Discuss Wet or dry cutting help please........? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mmmadman

Hi All

I am about to start tiling my small bathroom the walls are 15m sq and the floor 3m sq using ceramic tiles (450 x 300 max)

I have an electric wet tile cutting table that I bought to cut the slate tiles for my patio, do I use this or buy a conventional cutter.

If its a conventional one can anyone recommend a decent one thats not to exspensive, if there is such a thing?

Many thanks, cheers.........:8:

A

Ant

I bought a Big Clinker from B&Q TradePoint counter if u got the trade card. If not, i set mine up over the counter and they weren't too bothered about proof of business (eg.business card/letterhead.

It's in the TradePoint catalogue at about £68+vat, but when they priced it on the counter it was £38 INC vat - absolute bargain and a decent cutter too, its big tho, cuts up to 600mm tiles.

They weren't sure why they were priced so low, but these are in Topps Tiles for £100.

That was about 3-4 week ago, get down there see if they still doing it. Do yourself a standard letterhead if need be.

Ant

Reply to Wet or dry cutting help please........? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet or dry cutting help please........?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.