Discuss Wet-room Advice Needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Andrew007uk

Hi,
I am just about to start tiling my en-suite and I am making it into a wetroom.
I am after some advice on the type of floor adhesive:
1. I am laying the waterproof tanking sealer onto a 1” marine ply boarding and then laying under floor electric heating pads and then laying my tiles.
With it being on a wooden floor covered with a sealant (for the wet room) and then the heating pads, I believe I want an adhesive that is suitable for:
• Wooden floors (flexible)
• Waterproof (wetroom)
• Suitable for under floor electric heating
2. Can anyone recommend a suitable adhesive that conforms to all this criteria?
3. Also, can anyone recommend a good wall adhesive for the wetroom, it will be on the tanking sealent which is on fibre board walls.
4. And a good mould/waterproof grout for a wetroom
Kind Regards
Andrew

P

Polishtradesman

For surfaces covered with sealant you need at least C2 class adhesive. Before you lay waterproofing liquid membrance you need to prime surface. Non of cement based adhesive is waterproof, thery are water resistant. You can choose something from Cement based adhesives . For me best adhesive for floors is Broken Link Removed becouse it is floating technology. Cement based grouts CG2 class are not waterproof as well as C adhesive. You may use epoxy grout. For more information visit http://www.mapei.com/public/COM/products/WetRoomLeaflet.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Wet-room Advice Needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet-room Advice Needed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks