Discuss wet room,confused,which do i use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

topgun

Hi guys,i could do with a little clarity on installing a wet roomsystem.I have an older propety with a concrete floor to do.I have done 2 floors before using different systems,tile safe & bal WP1.As the customer wants UFH i was purposing using 10mm Marmox & a tray former. The query is,if i use lastogum as the tanking does it go above or below the marmox,& if below does the tray need tanking.I spoke to a UFH supplier & they put marmox first,then UFH & then self levelling screed & then lastogum & finally tiles!Is that right or is there another way.Your thoughts would be much appreciated.Regards Topgun

W

wetdec

Here you go ;

Screed / flexible adhesive / insulation / cable / flexible adhesive / tiles

If you have a look on the site there are diags on there of differing systems so you can see how it lays. We are still building so if there is something you dont see please ask !!

If you want to go with the martox type shower former we do the complete package from 1 company so it all goes together nicely. (Former, drain, insulation, tanking coat,underfloor heating)

Reply to wet room,confused,which do i use? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
J
What are the issues with having a wet tile? If water is getting into the tile (Ceramics...
Replies
Views
Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall
J
Hi I am about to build a small wetroom (900 x 1850) and will be using an AKW former. The...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
We have created a small wet room with a pebble-floor on a marmox tray then extending across the...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
L
I'm fitting a walk in shower this week and it is the first i've done! I'm read up and taken in...
Replies
Views
lmkitchens
L

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
wet room,confused,which do i use?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.