Discuss wet room decs/trays in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Barry bp

Does anyone else like the novellini wet dec only 2 slops ideal for large format tiles also
can use up to 3 traps to take away 50 litres + from high volume showers and you can place trap or traps to miss joists here are a couple of pics of ones i have fitted

PB060192.jpg P2100029.jpg Image0030.jpg Image0037.jpg

F

frostfree

It would appear that the failure was due to the drainage channel, when fitted into the wet dec was not supported by the ply below it due to the wet dec being slightly deeper than the drainage channel by a couple of millimetres. Over time the channel flexes very slightly as people stand on the metal grille while showering. This in turn breaks the seal between sealant, tilesafe and wet dec allowing water to penetrate under tilesafe. Problem possibly compounded by cleaning materials used to clean shower.

B

Barry bp

It would appear that the failure was due to the drainage channel, when fitted into the wet dec was not supported by the ply below it due to the wet dec being slightly deeper than the drainage channel by a couple of millimetres. Over time the channel flexes very slightly as people stand on the metal grille while showering. This in turn breaks the seal between sealant, tilesafe and wet dec allowing water to penetrate under tilesafe. Problem possibly compounded by cleaning materials used to clean shower.
Tile safe membrane is folded over channel recess and there sealent used all got lots of give i am surprissed does look so much better than envelop cutting but pleased for your input all the best Baz

ps i dont think you have to stand on the drain which is one of the things i like, the drain is close enuogh to the wall unless more than one in the shower maybe thats another story!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to wet room decs/trays in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First time poster and tiler here. Hoping to get a bit of advice on tiling a wet room...
Replies
Views
D
Hi I have a Tough x linear wet room tray that I need to install straight onto joists, which was...
Replies
Views
Ivelize
I
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi All First post long storey short had arranged for someone to re model my bathroom on the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
wet room decs/trays
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.