Discuss Wet room floor advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bushwhacker1

Hi All,
Ive got my first wet room floor coming up and would like some advice on setting out.

Its a concrete substrate sloping down to the drain at one end which i intend to tank (WP1 kit) before tiling. BTW, im picking the WP1 approach because ive used this kit several times and am very familiar with it

My question relates to how to set out the tiles to accomodate for the slope? Im assuming i need to run diagonal cuts from each of the four corners?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

B

Bushwhacker1

30 to 50mm fall seems a lot just how wide is it from drain to walls sounds like you will have to envelope it you can try centering tiles in line with drain but it depends on how it works to walls try to eliminate slithers if you can also try turning waste on diagonal to tiles if its a square waste
View attachment 21795

Thanks Jay - like i say, im guessing on the fall so it may not be anywhere near what i imagined

Reply to Wet room floor advice in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet room floor advice
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.