UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Wet room issue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dogbower

I have a problem with a wet room I installed just over a year ago.
My client is getting a small leak appearing downstairs, we have removed some of the ceiling and can see the leak coming between the ply and tray former.
The room had 25mm ply and tray former laid, tanking membrane to walls and floors, UFH, then tiles. Membrane and tiles fitted using Webber adhesive.
The former and tanking kit was supplied by Wetdecs as recommended .
I can see no reason for this leak, but know I will have to rip up the floor to rectify the problem.
Any thoughts on the best way to progress?
I have looked at the waste, shower feeds, etc and have to conclude it is the membrane / instalation at fault and want to rectify as quickly as possible.
Thanks Stuart.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Wet room issue in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a walk in shower room ... Sort of a wet room but not quite. I used a kerdi style wet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Wet room issue
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.