Discuss Wet room mosaic for first timer. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

BAIKAR

Any advice on tiling with mosaic on a wet room floor. I had originally planned the sheets out so that I had no slivers at any wall but then thought that I should be starting at the square waste. It is 4 mosaic wide and 4 high. Should I start my tiling based on the wasteso that I don't end up with tiny cuts around the stainless grid?

If I do this I will end up at some Walls with very small cut tiles allowing for an expansion gap.

Any advice appreciated.

B

BAIKAR

That's a good point the mosaic are on sheets that can be cut and seperated into individual tiles. However as you say do what looks better. As it's such a small room and the drain is directly in front of you on entering I think it would look better not having any cuts around it. Think it might be easier to open/ close spacing around Walls than at the drain.

It's also having under floor heating installed so would the expansion gap still be important with mosaics less than if you had large format tiles?

Reply to Wet room mosaic for first timer. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Wet room mosaic for first timer.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.